Saturday, January 2, 2010

On Love...

Where is love when one says
"Love, I love you"?
Is love all about saying
the three words, with passion?
with emotion?
with a cry that comes from deep within?
Isn't it much more than the echo of those words?

Love is knowing deep down,
whatever the temptation,
the love would hold good.
Love is, when I can trust,
and let go, not blindly,
but in faith - that it's mine to claim.

Love is when your pain
can bring sorrow to my eyes.
Love is when I can't
let you suffer all alone.

Love is when I can stand against
pains like domestic violence,
that break any love that might have been -
Feeling blessed that it doesn't pierce our walls.

Love is when I can see
how dreams of one are often over-ridden by another,
and feel thankful in the knowledge that
my dreams are being taken care.

Love is when I am sick
and can look at the patience in another pair of eyes.
Love is when I am scared to reach for the stars,
and my love tries to bring them within my reach.

Love is when someone lets me be who I truly am,
guiding me to get better at being myself;
with so much love and care that I don't even realize
how I may begin to bloom.

Love is when one is with you;
living, breathing, knowing, learning,
fighting, understanding, growing with you.

Love is when you know
there is someone watching behind you.
Love is when someone ensures
you are safe, when you go away.

Love is helping someone
live a good life to the fullest,
ensuring togetherness lasts
beyond each-other's physical presence...

No comments:

Post a Comment